NOIA and its member companies commit to a collaborative approach with all stakeholders in providing solutions that balance environmental, social, economic, energy, and national security needs for society. We contribute to the advancement of principles of innovation, conservation, efficiency, resiliency, mitigation, and adaptation that must be part of a systematic approach to addressing the climate challenge.
- We recognize the risks of climate change and the need for continued action. As innovators, we are committed to contributing solutions and best practices to optimally balance societal and environmental needs.
- NOIA supports the aims of the Paris Agreement.
- NOIA supports the role of authorities in climate science in the development of research and data for addressing the climate challenge, such as, for example, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- NOIA supports and encourages the efforts of our members in understanding their emissions impacts, in setting sustainability goals and targets, and in deploying technologies and best practices for emissions reductions. NOIA will assist our members by facilitating collaboration and enhancing organizational capability to support emissions reduction efforts. NOIA’s ESG Network effectively serves as a learning and collaboration tool for continued improvement in the area of emissions reductions.
- NOIA seeks to be a constructive partner in the development of thoughtful and balanced national policy to address climate change.
It is NOIA’s position that U.S. climate policy, whether through new or amended laws or regulations, should:
As part of the offshore energy's effort to solve the climate challenge, the NOIA Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Network is a programmatic effort to share and develop best practices across the offshore energy industry. From top to bottom, NOIA members are already embracing ESG principles as dedicated stewards of the environment and of local communities, and the ESG Program unifies and align their efforts. Through innovation, best ESG practices and new technology, our can industry can solve environmental and climate challenges facing society. Learn more here.