NOIA Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Focus: NOIA's ESG Network 2024 Report Spotlights Innovation in Emissions Reduction & Workforce Diversity
Washington, D.C. – The National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) today released the report, The NOIA ESG Network 2024 Report of the Offshore Energy Industry: Managing Emissions and Developing the Workforce of Tomorrow. The report highlights the work done by the NOIA Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Network and NOIA members to share and develop the best ESG practices across the offshore energy industry, including 11 case studies in emissions reduction or diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs.
NOIA President Erik Milito said, “The NOIA ESG Network and our fourth annual ESG report underscore the innovation and commitment companies apply towards building the workforce of tomorrow and tangible progress in emissions reduction efforts -- two key and critical areas of importance for the industry in the ESG paradigm. Our industry is driven by visionary leaders and innovators who recognize their pivotal role in advancing societal progress. Whether it's delivering dependable, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible energy or fostering workforce development opportunities from the field to the boardroom, NOIA members contribute to a remarkable ecosystem that enhances the world. While there continue to be complexities and uncertainties within the field of ESG, the offshore sector continues to perform at the highest levels in environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and corporate governance.”
Paul Danos, NOIA Chairman and Owner & CEO of Danos, said, “Improving our environmental performance, progressing society forward, and being the ‘best neighbor we can be’ have long been a fundamental part of how the offshore energy industry does business. Our industry is a network of thousands of companies and hundreds of thousands of workers who want to safely and sustainably support and promote the betterment of local communities. The variety of companies participating in this year’s report underscores how deep and serious our industry takes ESG performance.”
NOIA ESG Network 2024 Report At-A-Glance:
- The report features case studies in emissions reduction from NOIA member companies:
- NOIA released a comprehensive study on global oil production emissions completed by ICF International, the GHG Emission Intensity of Crude Oil and Condensate Production. The report reveals that the greenhouse gas intensity of U.S. oil production, particularly in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, is significantly lower compared to most other regions around the world.
- NOIA hosted several in-person events on ESG topics, including:
- The Workforce of the Future
- Improving DEI in the Workplace and Fostering an Inclusive Work Environment
- Unconscious Bias
- Building Support for Offshore Wind
- The Investment Outlook for Offshore Wind
- Policy Considerations for U.S. Offshore Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
- NOIA and the Offshore Operators Committee hosted the Offshore Carbon Capture and Storage Symposium at Rice University’s Baker Institute. The symposium included sessions on:
- Successful Global CCS Projects
- The Role of Inflation Reduction Act Tax Credits in Accelerating Investment
- Louisiana’s CCS Leadership
- Current Technologies to Springboard CCS
- The 2023 NOIA ESG Workshop tackled key issues, including:
- Technology Advances Improve Emissions Management
- The Value of Conscious Leadership in Realizing ESG objectives
- ESG, Insurers, and Why the Oil and Gas Industry Needs to Lead the Conversation
- NOIA named TechnipFMC as the winner of the second annual NOIA Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) Excellence Award.
- Halliburton and Oil States International presented to NOIA membership on their award-winning NOIA Safety in Seas entries.
- NOIA is continues to advocate for legislation such as the Reinvesting in Shoreline Economies & Ecosystems (RISEE) Act and The Offshore Wind Jobs and Opportunity Act as well as commenting on The Renewable Energy Modernization Rule will other groups.
The National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) represents and advances a dynamic and growing offshore energy industry, providing solutions that support communities and protect our workers, the public and our environment.